Monday, February 1, 2010

Art Work Newspaper Distribution

I went to Japantown to distribute my stack of newspapers and upon arriving found out that there was to be a convention that weekend. Anime on Display is what it was, bringing a crowd of people that I thought would work towards my distribution. I decided to start by walking around with the newspapers in front of my chest while describing the content, hopefully generating some interest. Much to my disappointment though, the few people who I did catch weren't very interested in the issue at all. After about an hour of trying to get people to at least pick up the newspaper and open it, I decided to leave the papers in several empty newspaper stands, hoping that somebody would pick one up and read it at a later time.

Perhaps a different approach would have worked better for that convention had I known that it was occurring. Maybe somebody who attempts to do the same thing in the future will have more success than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment