Monday, February 1, 2010

ArtWork Distribution by Jose Qwistgaard

When it came time for me to distribute ArtWork, I felt somewhat discouraged to distibute it to strangers around the street. Having had previous experiences working at canvassing jobs and quitting after a day, I knew how much I hated being turned down by people who lack interest in social issues. Doing this alone also did not help either, but I knew I wanted to spread the word and distribute the magazine. So on Sunday I took a walk around my block and decided to stick a copy of ArtWork inside people's Sunday paper. This way I figured: If they are interested in the news and read the paper, they will have time to at least skim through this. With this theory in mind I started passing them out, the more I did it the more exciting it got, it sort of became a rush at towards the end. I only had 10 papers so, I had to spread it as much as I could. Honestly, it was fun, it almost made me wish I could have interacted with people, but for the type of person I am, it takes a lot for me to walk up to strangers and do that, if you are a person who likes to do that, then I admire that. I hope at least one of the people found their paper, or people are still interested enough to read the Sunday paper. As I approached a doorstep, I asked a man if I could stick it in his mailbox, which to he replied that he was gonna throw the paper out anyway. I hope most people are not like that. I hope at least one person picked it up and read it. It would certainly be interesting to do this at a larger scale. Maybe while some people talk and distribute I can do this method. In the end I hope more people become connected with their world, and artists gain more respect here in this country. Im sure if we continue like this though that will someday happen, we just all need to keep an open mind at what is going on in the world, and not stay confiined to just our personal lives.



Route of Distribution -
Adding a little extra information to Sunday's paper -







No comments:

Post a Comment