Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fieldtrip

I enjoyed the field trip to CCA; it was great to get out into the city and see what other people are doing in art & design. Project H, however interesting, did seem less conclusive in its execution and compilation than I expected. Seeing the different products that were compiled was very interesting - especially since I had seen & heard of some of them before - but some products in the trailer did not seem to be as germane as some of the other choices. I very much liked the gallery exhibition on the top floor of the artists who live up and down Hwy 1/101. I especially liked that there were photos next to the actual piece. As an art student, it is often that I learned about paintings, sculptures and other works through books or the internet before – if at all – seeing them in person. The idea that a piece of art may be represented or viewed differently when seen as a black&white 2D representation as opposed to in real life is a creative idea to explore in a gallery space.

No comments:

Post a Comment