Monday, February 8, 2010

Artwork

I decided to pass out the Artwork newspaper by the deYoung. I thought that the people there would appropriate a newspaper that is about art, however I was mistaken. Almost every person I approached wanted nothing to do with me or my newspaper. People seemed really weired out by me. I think that people are so conditioned that nothing is free, that they thought I was trying to sell them something. I talked with one man for about 5 minutes, about what the news paper is about and how I was handing them out for a class project, and finally he said, "Oh, no no. I'm not interested in that" and walked away quickly. There were a couple of people that took the newspaper, but it was very few. I staid there for about an hour, and I had only handed out about 6. I put the rest in a newspaper stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment